This is what makes Blantyre such a great community! Within 1 hour of posting online, Alastair Blue and Nicole Love and their business, The Party Hut, had kindly offered to sponsor the Royal Kids by providing a stretch limo to run them to the Gala Day this Sunday. What a treat!!
There’s just 3 days until the Gala Weekend starts and just 5 days to go until the lucky 8 children chosen for this years gala day royal party get pampered for the afternoon!
Further Information for Parents and Guardians of the 8 Royal Gala Kids
Date: The Gala Day is Sunday 10th June 2018
- The 4 girls have an added treat in being able to get their hair done in a professional salon, offered kindly Devine Hair by Jade Devine.
Parents can make arrangements now for the girls hair to be done on the Sunday morning before the event.
- All 8 children should be at the outside of the Miner’s Welfare at Calder Street (opposite Asda Car Park) for 11.25am.
- At 11.30am, all 8 children will be treated to an amazing limo ride to the Stonefield Public Park, first taking a slow 20 minute tour of Blantyre to ‘wave to their royal subjects’.
- The limo will arrive at Stonefield Public Park at the bottom of John Street (behind the sports centre around 11.50am)
- The 8 children can meet up with parents, friends and family at the park and enter at 12 midday along with everybody else coming along to the Gala.
- The 8 Royal children will be given Gala Robes for the day (on lease only) and will be crowned live on stage at 12.30 prompt.
- The kids will be given FREE wristbands for the inflatables and can use them unlimited all day, as well as goodie bags each to take home!
- Children should be smartly dressed. Parents may want to bring a change of clothes to let them run around in afterwards. After 12.30, the kids are free to join in all the festivities on site like everybody else
We’re hoping , like with previous years, the Gala Day Royal Experience is something parents and guardians can all be proud of and for the kids themselves to enjoy the day, looking back on it with fond memories for the rest of their lives.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in contact with us.